The Disruption Tour: the top 5 technology disruptors
The Daikin team is back from San Antonio, and ready to disrupt the HVACR industry! During our time in Texas Hill Country, we welcomed more than 1,300 sales representatives, customers, and employees to join us in exploring Daikin innovations positioned to set new standard for quality air beyond conventional HVAC.
It wasn’t just fog machines, rock music, and strobe lights (though, there was some of that, too). We demonstrated our commitment to revolutionizing the HVAC industry on the expo floor, the main stage, and two days of breakout workshops with our product SMEs. Today, we’ll share our top 5 technology disruptors, coming soon to a building near you:
- PreciseLine™ Large Capacity Blower Coil: this brand new product is bringing air handler features at a blower coil price point. Precisely conditioning air up to 5000 cfm, this unit offers substantial energy savings and patent-pending cabinet construction for improved indoor air quality. PreciseLine offers your building occupants a safer, cleaner, healthier environment to live and work. Available in early 2018.
- Intelligent Equipment: Our secure, cloud-based solution brings IoT to your building. From your mobile phone, monitor 300 data points on your Daikin air-cooled chiller or 150 data points on your rooftop unit from your office to the golf course. Encrypted data allows you to safely assess the efficiency and effectiveness of your equipment while you’re on the go.
- Energy Recovery on Rooftop Units: ASHRAE 90.1-2016 has greatly increased the need for energy recovery options. No longer are rooftop units just stripped down boxes installed and forgotten on a big box store—the Daikin Rebel’s innovation and embedded technology within Rebel rooftops have raised the performance bar. At this year’s event, Daikin’s rooftop experts taught us the importance of touting and leveraging units’ outstanding combined efficiency ratings. AHRI’s CEF guidelines are the perfect start for the conversation, moving beyond traditional EER ratings and capturing the full efficiency benefits found in Daikin’s equipment.
- WSC160: Now that is a big chiller. Those seeking a peek at our portfolio couldn’t miss this one on the show floor down in San Antonio! With proven reliability, this 1250-1500 ton capacity chiller operates in high lift applications. The technology exceeds ASHRAE 90.1 while an integrated oil pump requires less piping for an easier installation. Coming in late 2017.
- VVR: Variable Volume Ratio technology debuted earlier this year on Daikin’s Pathfinder® Air-cooled Chiller and Navigator™ water-cooled Chiller, and its impact is just beginning. By adjusting the compression ratio to meet the load demands of the building or process, you gain maximized efficiency no matter what the condition. A building rarely runs at full load: why not get the chiller that delivers exactly the load you need at any given moment? VVR gives you just that, saving energy and reducing expenses.
Stay tuned: next week we’ll delve into the other voices of #DGSM17: the top 5 industry disruptors.