MINNEAPOLIS – October 12, 2016 –– Daikin Applied’s innovation in chiller products and the embedded technology continues with its newest developments in the Magnitude® WME Generation 2 magnetic bearing chiller.
Firmly grounded in Daikin’s oil-free, magnetic bearing compressor technology, the Magnitude® WME Generation 2 builds on its proven performance with a redesign of the single compressor WME models from 400 to nearly 800 tons. The Magnitude WME Generation 2 offers improved performance, especially in harsher climates; lower operating costs; and improved first costs. Now it’s an even more attractive choice for more customers and applications.
Exclusive Daikin compressor technology offers a wider operating envelope to meet many demanding applications, giving designers the flexibility and performance to match their project requirements with substantially improved savings over the life of the unit.
With this introduction, Daikin expands on customer benefits building on the proven energy saving performance – up to 40% more efficient than standard centrifugal chillers – and oil-free design for longer machine life and increased reliability.
Enhanced customer benefits include:
- Higher Lift Capability – For customers who operate in harsher climates and need life and load performance that match their conditions, the WME Gen 2 features two impeller options.
- WME 501 and 701 – Model designation for WME models optimized for standard lift
conditions such as AHRI conditions.
- WME 502 and 702 – Model designation for WME models optimized for lower load
and higher lift conditions. The high lift models can now operate with up to 95°F
entering condenser water temperature.
- Improved Unloading – Where designs call for unloading at constant entering condenser water temperature, Magnitude WME Gen 2 now gives you the flexibility to maintain stable chiller operations at low load conditions.
- Higher Capacity Ratings – WME Gen 2 models can be rated at higher capacities giving engineers more flexibility to match job requirements without having to move up to a larger capacity machine.
About Daikin Applied
Daikin Applied, a member of Daikin Industries, Ltd, manufactures technologically advanced commercial HVAC systems that customers from around the world can trust to advance their needs for performance, reliability and energy efficiency. The people at Daikin Applied use their expertise to creatively move HVAC technologies forward. Daikin Applied products and services are sold through a global network of dedicated sales, service and parts offices. For more information or the name of your local Daikin Applied representative, call 800-432-1342, or visit www.DaikinApplied.com.
About Daikin Industries Ltd.
Daikin Industries, Ltd. is a Forbes 1000 global company with 2014 revenues of nearly $16 billion and more than 60,000 employees worldwide, making it the largest HVAC manufacturer in the world. Daikin is engaged primarily in the development, manufacture, sales and aftermarket support of heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVACR) equipment, refrigerants and other chemicals, as well as oil hydraulic products. Daikin was named one of the world’s most innovative companies by Forbes magazine. For more information, visit www.daikin.com.